Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kids sure make you feel cool

The one thing that is great about being a teacher is the moment the kids walk in they can make you feel so good about yourself sometimes. This morning, a few kids came in from the bus and three kids bombarded me. Two girls said, "Oh! Miss Aaron, you're hair is so pretty today." "It's awesome!" Then a boy said, "You should definitely wear your hair like that more often." I said a big fat, "Thank you!! You are all so sweet to say that."

Adults don't do that. They don't googoogahgah over what you are wearing or how your hair looks or how wonderful you are. It's hard enough to get a boyfriend to do that! I just got a note last week telling me, Mrs. Aaron, (no, i'm not married they just screw it up a lot) that I was amazing, awesome, fun, fantastic, i rocked, and the best teacher ever! Another girl wrote an acronym for me:
M-marvols (supposed to be marvelous)
I-increditable (supposed to be incredible)
S-supportive (spelled right!)
S-sweet

J-joyful
O-outstanding
D-'dorable
I- incretdible- (spelled it differently, but still wrong)

A-acute (I'm a small angle?)
A-amazing
R-rock
O-outstanding
N-nice

And before you start thinking that I actually am the best teacher ever or just bragging, kids for the most part are just like that. They honestly would do the same thing even if they had a teacher that was crabby, rude, boring, and old.

I think we should start writing more notes to people. Give them an acrostic, draw them a picture. We think as adults that they have to be long and perfect, but really all it needs to be is, "Hey, You're awesome and the best ever!" Note done. pass it along. and it would instantly make the person feel better. If I ever get married, I would just love it if my husband gave me acrostics or had a little note with a drawing saying, "I rock!" or "You're awesome!" I could even hang it up on the refrigerator haha.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jodi it looks like we need to work on spelling with your kids. That is cute that they do that. High Schoolers dont really compliment. The girls will ask where my clothes are from or how I braided my hair, but its not as flattering as your little ones.
ps come to Nashville

The Redouteys said...

I totally agree, Jodi! It is so nice when we get compliments... how sweet are your kids! :)