Wednesday, January 7, 2009

my excuse is a ... sebadicle?

On January 7th, today, at 7:30 pm, tonight, I checked my voicemail and Jessica leaves me this desperately concerned voicemail on behalf of her and others that wanted me to start blogging again. I haven't been forgetting about y'all in the past month. I have actually had a little blog list going that I would randomly write down things that I thought were parculiar that would be writing about. I'm going to call my month blog break a sebadicle. And actually I just went to dictionary.com to see if that word was really spelled that way, and no it said it wasn't. But I saw the word sabatical as a "try this." No there was no definition for that word either. Then finally dictionary.com led me to the word sabbatical, which means..."any extended period of leave from one's customary work, esp. for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc." What a great word. Don't we all wish we could go on a sabbatical? My sabbatical consisted of the normal, December holiday season. gift shopping, gift wrapping, getting my scrapbook pictures printed, went to the library, read several books, spent time at a lodge with the family and 25 other people, fun in Nashvegas, starting school again.... now that brings me here back to my blog. back from the sebadicle, sabatical, or sabatical.

I have 10 things on my blog list at the moment. If they all end up to be actually good things to write about, you'll be getting 10 blog entries very soon.

2 comments:

JessicaCaye said...

THANK GOODNESS.

I think i need early retirement as oppsed to just a sabbatical haha

Jean said...

Yea! Jodi is back in action! I missed your wit, wisdom, and/or humor!