Monday, November 16, 2009

I need water, not A1 in my water

When I'm at work, I get extremely thirsty. I guess you can't leave drinks out because it's a health hazard I guess. Although, why does everyone else in the restaurant get to leave their drinks sitting next to them but I can't leave my water out? So we are supposed to put water in a cup, take a sip out of the cup then put it right in the bus tub. It works okay but sometimes you just want a sip and it seems like a waste of time to do all of that. So I go thirsty most of the time.

I have tried to leave my cups out, even though it is against code but they dissappear into the bus tub after one minute anyway. I have thought about bringing in my glass water bottle I drink out of at home, but it is way to large to put on any shelf. And I tried bringing my roommate's plastic bottle to work, but I don't like the taste of water in plastic and it tipped over once and soaked my entire purse. I don't want to go back to buying plastic water bottles either.

This past Saturday I thought I had come up with a great solution. We have to go cups with lids, so i decided to put my water in one of those cups with a straw and put it behind the iced tea containers. I loved it! I would take a little sip from my cup every time I would pass it. No one was throwing it away and I was staying hydrated.

Well, my great idea ended when some of the guy servers found my cup. I had a little break where none of my tables needed me and I walk to my cup and take a big sip from it. I spit it everywhere. My water was now full of A1 sauce and completely disgusting. There goes my great idea of leaving my cup out.

Now I'm back to grabbing a cup, putting a sip worths of water in it, drinking it, putting it in the bus tub and moving on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is terrible! I would go crazy at work if I didnt drink water constantly. Were the guys around to watch you spit out the "water"?