Friday, November 13, 2009

reusable bags

two reusable shopping bag stories...

Marshalls has these huge reusable bags that are really cute. They are not a big green color that says PUBLIX on it or whatever the business is. The bag looked like pretty wallpaper. I was buying a coat so I decided to buy the big cute reusable bag also. The cashier scans the coat puts it in a plastic bag. She scans my bag and puts that in the big plastic bag. I interrupted her and told her I would like my coat in the bag I just bought so I don't have to use the plastic bag. She said, "Oh! Ok!" I didn't think I thought of that great of an idea. That is the point of buying the reusable bags.

This bag was a pretty big one, so I thought I probably needed another reusable bag that was a little smaller in size. So when I was at Office Max the other day using my gift card, they had a few that were really cool too! Once again the cashier scans my small items and puts them in a plastic bag. Scans my reusable bag and puts that in the plastic bag as well. I again interrupted the cashier and told her she could just put the small items in the bag I just bought. She took out my reusable shopping bag, opened it, and then put the small items still in the plastic bag right in the bag I just bought.

I don't know why I thought these instances were so peculiar. Why use the reusable shopping bags if the cashiers don't like to use them. Especially when she put them in the plastic bags and THEN put them in my shopping bag.

Now I just have to remember to actually use these shopping bags when I go in stores!

4 comments:

Angie said...

i love that you had a gift card to office max

The Redouteys said...

That's so ironic! If more people started using reusable bags, then maybe that wouldn't happen. :)

Unknown said...

I had the same exact thing happen to me at walmart the other day. I actually took the items out of the plastic bag, put them in my reusable bag and then walked away leaving the plastic bag with the cashier.

The Modern Gal said...

Every time I buy a reusable bag, the clerk tries to put it in a plastic bag and then seems shocked when I suggest using the reusable bag as my bag.

One time when I had my reusable bags at Kroger, the clerk put something in a plastic bag and then put the plastic bag in the reusable bag.

I don't understand why the concept of reusable bag is so hard to grasp.