Monday, November 16, 2009

weird tip

This may not strike anyone else into thinking this tip is weird, but I sure did! It is the only tip I've never been able to explain mathematically. I put it in the computer and wrote it down right away so I could somehow figure it out at home. I actually put it on my bulletin board in my room just because I thought... it might be nice to figure it out, or to look at it, or maybe just to blog about it sometime.

Her credit card bill was $42.12, She gave me a tip of $7.70, and her total was $49.82.

Adding $7.70 did not make it a whole number, nor did adding $7.70 make it an exact percentage of the bill.

If you have any ideas, let me know.

And I wanted to give a shout out to "Modern Gal" who posted a comment on reusable bags. I didn't know people other than my friends and family read my blog :) thanks for stopping by and reading.

1 comment:

Angie said...

jodi! modern gal is beth rucker! :)