Thursday, December 11, 2008

drama and tears all day long

I had one person after another crying in my room today. It seemed like there was no break without someone crying. Well no one was crying during PE I think. And I think it's funny. I'm actually chuckling as I write this.
From about 8:30 to 10:30 I had a girl who was teary eyed and red faced all morning about something. She wanted to go home but I said she couldn't ask.
Right before reading groups, I gave 3 boys homework notices because they didn't turn in their homework. 2 of them sat at their desks and cried and cried. One girl came up to me concerned about why there was so many people crying and I told her nothing's wrong they are just sad.
Then during reading groups a girl comes in sobbing, not just tears, but sobbing. I told her to sit down for 5 minutes before she went to reading group to control herself. She came back from reading groups and sobbed for another 4o minutes.
Oh dear. so many tears. I like teaching 5th grade, but I definitely would not want to be an actual 5th grader every again.

2 comments:

The Redouteys said...

You have quite the emotional class, Jodi! Even the boys were crying! Did you ever find out what was wrong with the girl sobbing?

Love, Ber

JessicaCaye said...

i cried this morning. maybe there is something in the air.