Monday, December 8, 2008

My class and I were on the front cover of our newspaper today :)

I had my kids each write a novel in November. We were the nerdy class that wrote everyday for an hour in the computer lab. It was actually a lot of fun. We even locked up our "inner editors." It's a program called NaNoWriMo. Anyways, I submitted this article and all of my kids pictures to the newspaper and it got on the front page. woop woop. The pictures were all in color in the newspaper, and they aren't on the website. So that's sad you can't see the fine colorful drawings.

http://www.pjstar.com/kjs/x692907984/Germantown-Hills-students-take-novel-approach-with-November-writing-project

It's not all that exciting, but it is exciting for now.

3 comments:

Ann said...

are you kidding me? thats SUPER exciting! if i was a kid in your class, i would be freaking out! so neat. and they did such a good job! darling idea, jo!!

Joberhamlincolm said...

ann, i love that you STILL say the word darling all of the time!

The Redouteys said...

Yeah, Miss Aaron! I think you should be super excited about being published. That's always a huge accomplishment and it makes the kids feel so good! Woo hoo!