Monday, December 1, 2008

I want to be a postman.

So some of you may remember me saying I've always thought that being a postman would be a great job. I thought it would be a good over the hill job. How could you have a bad day as a postman? You're outside most of your day, you get good exercise walking from door to door, and you get a free car to drive around in! Of course when it rains or snows it probably stinks, but it stinks for pretty much everyone when it rains or snows. Plus I'm sure I could just put on a ton of under armor to stay warm. They probably even provide you with rain hats. Oh, but being outside on those nice days would be so worth it. I love getting mail too, so I would be the providor of good things to people. That maybe going overboard, but people appreciate the consistency of mail and the spontaneity of getting something actually exciting.

My brother-in-law Jason actually busted my bubble though because he said they usually only take veterans or active military men and women. You mean I have to go to war to be a postman? If that's their reward for serving our country all of those years than it must be a good job. I wonder if I sent in a lot of references from military guys then they would let me in?

Actually I was thinking about this again because I was driving to Walmart on Saturday. On my way there was this postman vehicle that sped right past me. It was going by so fast it made this huge noise and was maybe even a blur for a second. I started thinking about how I could be that person blazing down the street in a postman vehicle. I would recommend that my vehicle be a jeep of course. That would be sweet. I could be known for driving quickly just to get your mail there a little faster, and I could even run from door to door in the neighborhood. Any postman I've ever seen walks waaaay too slow. That's probably why they call it snail mail. They walk and drive too slow.

4 comments:

JessicaCaye said...

wow. this is my favorite post yet. :) jodi, you would make a great postman. if you need a recommendation, i will write you one... even though i'm not a military person. haha

Joberhamlincolm said...

wow. thanks for the comment jess. sure i'll take a recommendation from you! :)

The Redouteys said...

Sorry Jason bursted your bubble, Jodi! I still think you would make a great postwoman. I can just imagine you zipping around! :)

Unknown said...

Jodi, I love this Post too!!!!! I support you being a post(wo)man as long as you can do it in Nashville TN (less snow days to deal with!)