Monday, November 1, 2010

Did you just call me LAME?

My biggest pet peeve is when people assume something about you when they just met you. try to analyze you, call you out, or solve your problems. I don't know why it irritates me.

This past Saturday was the day before Halloween. So I get off of work around 8:30, get my Brazilian soccer outfit on and head to a house party where my friends are. Lovely time of dancing, and of course we have a neighbor knock on the door and inform us that the stomping and jumping and music is too loud for them. Does this only happen wherever I go, or is this common for other people? I like to dance and jump around and if it's before 10 pm, I don't think you should be allowed to complain!

anyways, that's off topic. We leave the party, I drive a bunch of us to Demonbreum, get out, and find out there are no more tickets. I decide to tell this guy that was with our group that I'm going to head home. It was almost midnight, I had had a late night on Friday night and I had a fun time already, and I had to get up for Sunday school in the morning and all of those sorts of things were running through my head.
here's our dialogue on the street:
him: So I tell a couple people in the group I'm going to head home and the guy I don't know says, "You're being lame!"
me: I looked at him, and said, "Did you just call me lame?!" (Did someone who doesn't know me at all just call me lame?) "Do you think that's going to change my mind and decide to stay a couple more hours?"
him: "Well, that would deter most people's decisions."
me: "Well, that's not going to work with me."
him: "Do you have a boyfriend?"
me: "No, are you saying I shouldn't go home because I might meet my next boyfriend in the next hour or so on the streets of Demonbreum on Halloween Eve?"
him: He replies with, "What kind of guy are you looking for?"
me: (Oh please...is what i think) but I go ahead and answer him.
So it ends with me being I guess "lame" by going home at midnight. May I add that I had a very fun night at the house party and went to bed very happy with my night thank you very much mr. strange man who's calling me names.

1 comment:

The Redouteys said...

Good Jodi! You are the most NOT Lame person I know! :) Thanks for blogging again... I love you!