Monday, November 1, 2010

water with ice, no without ice, with a lemon, no without a lemon, no with 3 lemons! ahh!!!!

I'm no longer working at Crows Nest, but in honor of servers, here's a little something I wrote down one night.

short story, but these are the kinds of things that happen every shift and are why I dont' necessarily like serving for people. i like to laugh but not when I'm fake smiling and laughing. It feels too odd.

I ask these girls what they would like to drink.
first girl says, "Water, no ice, with lemon."
2nd girl says, "Water, with ice, no lemon."
I ask the 3rd girl and she says, "Water with ice, and lemon."
and the last girl says, "Water, with ice, 3 lemons."

You can't blame them for liking their water all a certain way, but that's crazy. Despite the odd orders, I am still a pleaser and you better believe they had their waters, with ice or no ice, with lemons or with 3 lemons right in front of them with a lovely smile plastered on my face, ready to take their order and all of their requests.

No comments: