Sunday, November 7, 2010

yesterday's adrenaline rush

Yesterday was an adrenaline rush for sure. I worked at the flower shop yesterday to help with a massive wedding. The setup was to be fast, efficient, and had to end perfectly all in 3 hours. At the end of the day, even though it was long, and hard work, I loved it, and I realized that was mostly due to the adrenaline rush we all had. I miss that feeling. That feeling is what you get/got when you play(ed) sports. But only when the win actually matters and it is a physical sport where your body gears up and makes the win happen for you. Once you are an adult that rush is a rare feeling. Yes I play sports, and yes you want to win, but it's just not the same. Noone keeps track of your wins so the win doesn't really matter. I'm actually not big on adrenaline rushes when I'm doing something scary or dangerous, too out-of-control for me. You also get that rush when you are playing a fast card game and you are about to be out, and you play your last card, bam, you yell, "I'm out!!!" you smile, not really because it mattered that you won, but the game's quick pace makes your heart beat a little faster and the heart likes that and when your heart is happy, you are happy.

I just looked it up the difinition of adrenaline and it takes you to the word, epinephrine... never heard of that word. Definition of that word was "A hormone that is secreted by the adrenal gland in response to physical or mental stress, as from fear, and is regulated by the autonomic nervous system. The release of epinephrine causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and respiratory rate. Epinephrine aslo raises glucose levels in the blood for use as fuel when more alertness or greater physical effort is needed. Also called adrenaline. Chemical formula: C9H13NO3.

perfect definition.

I even said today, "I want to do it all over again!" Yes, I do, but maybe not anytime soon.

We'll see when that next rush comes. Here's to finding our next adrenaline rush!

No comments: