Monday, November 1, 2010

where are the beans?!

I love me some bean soup. At Crows Nest, I would always get the bean soup if they made it that day. I also love TJ Maxx. So when I was in the food aisle at TJ Maxx I saw they had a box of gourmet bean soup, and I obviously got excited about that and made my purchase.

I finally got around to making it last night. All it needed was 8 cups of boiling water, then I pour in the bag of beans and spices. Easy, right?!

Well, when I got around to pouring in the mix, there was a bag full of spices and powder mix but I just didn't see any beans. I saw a couple, but I was thinking, where are the beans for this soup? I go ahead and cook it hoping for a miracle and maybe the beans would grow out of nowhere.

I pour myself a big bowl of soup and put my spoon through it and maybe if I'm being optimistic there was 5 beans in the whole cup. I go back and search for more beans in my huge pot of broth and a lot of effort brought forth a couple more beans to add to my bowl. it was sad. my halloween night dinner was going to be so delicious and now it was a bowl of broth. I drank the broth and packed my lunch for the next day, which was supposed to be a yummy gourmet bowl of bean soup and now consisted of leaf greens, a couple cherry tomatoes on it, balsamic vinegarette, and an apple.

i decided to fix my soup problem and bought 3 cans of black beans to put in the soup. Now it looks like black bean soup.

I just want to go back to making my trusty cabbage soup and chili, but i've been trying to be more of an adventurous cook. I think i'll go back to the cabbage soup next week.

No comments: