Tuesday, February 24, 2009

grandparent's day shout out

I just got word that Grandparent's Day is coming up. The kids have to act sweet and civilized for an entire morning and do a program and eat refreshing snacks with their grandparents. Oh dear Lord. I have to come up with a program. My last memory of Grandparent's Day was when I was in 1st grade 19 years ago and I have a picture of me passing them a refreshing snack to eat and I looked very sweet and civilized and had a very cute tight braid in my hair. The braid that goes down both sides and into a bun like Star Wars. This is definitely a time where I will ask the other teachers, "What are you doing?" "Sounds good. That's what I will do also!"

1 comment:

JessicaCaye said...

oh my... i remember 4th grade grandparents day. we presented a musical based on Tom Sawyer. We made giant posterboard paintbrushes and performed it in our classroom... i can still sing the Tom Sawyer song. ha. "toooom sawyer, that irresponsible child... toooommm sawyer - uncouth, irreverant, wild!"