Sunday, February 22, 2009

new name option for a baby: Tied

My friend was telling boy name options for her new baby. (I don't remember the options she said so I"m going to make them up because it actually doesn't matter in the story!) She says, "I might call it Mark, Evan, or tied with Evan is Hunter." Another girl said "Oh! Tied sounds like a good name." She didn't comment, thinking maybe the other girl would just figure it out on her own.

Then of course she runs into the same girl another time, and the girl asks her, "So did you name your baby Tied? What a cute name."

I do actually think it sounds like a good name, but maybe spelled Tyde. But little does she know it was the word tied as in "equal with something else". Or the game was "tied" at half time.

1 comment:

The Redouteys said...

I think that's kind of a strange name... never even heard of it!