Friday, February 13, 2009

Stump, my inspiration

I'm not sure if any of you are into watching the Westminster, but it was on earlier this week! I heard about it because my grandma repeatedly told us on Monday night that Westminster was on after dinner and she just HAD to watch it.

Sadly, I did not get around to watching it. But as I was pulling into the parking lot yesterday morning, the radio dj started talking about the new Westminster winner. I pulled into my parking spot and I actually found myself tearing up as I was listening to the winner. Here's his story... His name is Stump. Great name! Nothing crazy like Polly or Sue Ann or Precious. He is 10 years old, which is 70 years old in human years! He almost died a few years ago and retired from competitions. He jumped out of retirement, did not train one bit and right into Westminster. Stump got in the show and ended up beating the #1 dog! The judge said, 'He showed his heart out. I didn't know who he was or how old... I just couldn't say no to him.'

Stump wasn't afraid of those little dogs that were younger and maybe more bouncy or cuter than he was. He believed in himself and went for it.

Go Stump. You're an inspiration to us all.

1 comment:

The Redouteys said...

Yeah for Stump! I wish I could have seen him. :) Let's put Maggie in the Westminster.