Sunday, November 2, 2008

prom day dress up

I had a dejavu moment on Saturday night.

Actual Halloween night pretty much was extremely uneventful. I passed out candy with my dad, did pushups and situps while I waited to fill my time. Watched a scary movie, went upstairs, cried some tears, and went to bed around 10. So I get up on Saturday thinking, "Jodi, you better get to wear your costume tonight."

So that afternoon I was officially going to a Halloween party. Knowing where the house is and what time it starts and who will be there means I was actually for sure going to a party. Yes! I get super excited and make sure mom is home to do my hair for my costume. She was late and I was frantic thinking I was going to be late to my party! Which let's be honest like anyone would care if someone is late haha. She does my hair. Dad watches us do it. I add the lipstick to finish the look. I go downstairs and pose for about 10 pictures for my mom in the dining room. I grab my stuff and walk out the door. I then look behind me and look onto our back porch and see my mom and dad standing next to each other smiling at me as I walk off saying, "You look great! I hope you have so much fun!!" Still waving and standing there I get in my car and drive off while they are still smiling and saying, "Have fun!"

That is when I thought, "Oh my word. I feel like I'm going to prom all over again." I think my parents were just so excited I was actually going to a fun party that they were sending me off with good fortune. Don't you just love parents? I'll have to figure out how to post a couple of the 10 pictures she took.

3 comments:

JessicaCaye said...

hahaha oh jodi. only your parents would take your picture before the 'big party' :) remember our halloween party last year?! So much fun. i mean, who doesnt love flip cup in the dining room?! :)

Joberhamlincolm said...

jess, yours would take a pic of you too! oh yes. fall bonanza was FUN!

Unknown said...

Jodi your stories have me laughing out loud. Kip just keeps staring at me like I am crazy. Miss you like woah!