Saturday, September 20, 2008

Do you have to know where I am?

I was just mapping out running routes on http://www.usatf.org/. It's pretty cool if you want to try it out! You map out your route and it tells you exactly the distance you are going to run or just did run. It got me thinking that you could tell people where you are at all times. Running and Camping... those are the two places that you can actually escape and people not know where you are. But NOW.. you can map it out and tell people where you are. I could go running and leave the map out for people to know where I am going. I actually did that when Sparky and I went winter camping this past winter. I left a little map out for Jess and told her what time we would be hiking and exactly what hike we were going to be on. Of course I trusted Sparky to keep me alive in the freezing cold weather, but you just never know.

Why do we like to keep constant tabs on ourselves and make sure people know where we are? In case we die? Well, you're dead so it doesn't matter. I guess maybe in case you get kidnapped.. because then they know what point you were taken from. What's the probability that I would actually get kidnapped? hmm.. i'm sure that is online somewhere... there is probably a map of the different probablilities of getting kidnapped around the US.

No comments: