Saturday, September 27, 2008

Santa Claus

This is another story about the crying polka dot girl in my class. Well we were casually talking about Santa Claus in class for some reason. We talked about him not being real, thinking this was no big deal and for sure everyone should know that by now!

The next day Megan came in and said she went straight to her mom when she saw her at home and said to her, "Mom, tell me the honest truth. Who puts out those presents on Christmas? Is Santa Claus real?!!" Her mom replied seriously, "Yes Megan, there is no Santa Claus. We are the ones who put those presents out under the tree." She told me she was a little upset/devastated /sad.

I don't remember if she said she was upset, devastated, or sad; but I thought it was better that she knew.

Santa Claus is not real.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant't believe you crushed this girl's belief in Santa Claus. That can be tragic for kids! You better be glad her parents weren't upset. So when are you going to tell them about the tooth fairy and the easter bunny and that muppets aren't real? You're a heart breaker Jodi, you are a heart breaker.