Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my kids

I think my kids are funny. My kids... meaning my 5th graders.
I have one kid who when at recess swings on the swings and sings opera on the top of his lungs. I love to listen to him. I wish I could sing opera on the top of my lungs everyday.
I have one kid who on the very first 5 minutes of meeting him ... he said, "Miss Aaron, I went to a Lego Camp this summer and I have been desperately trying to find a lego league. Could you find one for me?!!"
I have another kid who when he looks at you, I swear to God he looks like the cat from Shrek. He is the most adorable creature alive.
Of course I have already discussed my fly lover and my polka dot bathroom sobber.
I have another kid who when anything surprises him he yells, "Holy Cow!"

This is a shout out to all of my friends who are Buckeye fans,
One of my kids came in this morning with a plastic bag. He brought a buckeye for every student in the classroom for good luck on the test. He's one of the leaders of the class. I have never believed in luck and today these buckeyes did not disprove my theory. The buckeyes did not help them on their math tests.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does that kid not watch football on Saturdays! Obviously Buckeyes dont bring skill or luck to the playing field! So frustrating!

JessicaCaye said...

i love this. "this did not disprove my theory" haha and yeah, clearly buckeyes are not lucky - i love all my ohio friends, but nothing from ohio can be THAT lucky. :)