Thursday, September 11, 2008

one fly, two flies, no flies.

I thought I should start blogging again. Yesterday at school, there was a pet fly in my room. Well there was another one, but I hated that one because it would land on my head incessantly. The class started talking about the fly no. 2, the annoying one, and there was a couple girls who said, "Don't kill our pet fly!!" huh? "What do you mean you have a pet fly?" I said. So they go on to explain that they have been taking care of a fly that one of the boys had broken it's wing and the legs were mangled for two days. They named it and then they showed me where the fly was located. She brought it over to her desk. We all crowded around this littly fly and it was just chillin' by a little pool of water she made from droplets off her water bottle. The wing was bent and it was just lying there. Me and this other kid, (btw... my favorite student) looked at the fly closely and felt bad for it for a split second. I said sit down and while I read aloud the girl looked up what flies like to eat. So before recess she said that they like to eat saliva and blood and wanted to know if she could go to the restroom and spit in her hand for the fly. I told her she had a very compassionate heart which I liked about her, but no she may not spit in her hand to fead the dying, broken fly. I never saw the fly again. It probably has a mansion in my room somewhere. who knows. It even had a name. The fly we hated so much is definitely gone too.

No comments: