Monday, October 20, 2008

bath robe

If there was one piece of clothing I love it would be my bathrobe. The particular bathrobe I have is 7 years old, which is not too old. My grandma's is probably 20 years old.

I didn't notice I even liked it that much until quite recently. Today for instance let me fill you in on my happenings after I got home. Let me add in that it is a dreary, windy, rainy, cold day. I come home and I instantly go upstairs and put on my slippers and out of my high heels. I start dinner. I wasn't comfortable enough. I go back upstairs and put on my black pants instead of my thin dress pants. I keep dinner going. I realize I need to take Maggie our dog out so I run upstairs again and usually you would think that a person would get a coat. I go and instantly grab my white bathrobe. So now I have my cheetah slippers, thick black pants, turtleneck, and white robe. I take Maggie out into the front yart to go pee. Once I was outside in my outfit, it dawned on me that I look like an old woman who has been sick in her bed for a week. Who wears their bathrobe and slippers outside?!

I'm not taking it off. I just cooked chili in it. I even slept in my robe the other night. It's like sleeping with a hug. Well it's not as good as a warm hug, but close.

I will take it off to go to volleyball tonight. I'm not that attached.

6 comments:

JessicaCaye said...

I lived with you a whole year and never knew how much you loved your bathrobe... maybe its because it is cold in illinois? i dont know. but i wore my shrek slippers to take out the trash the other day. it was fun.

The Redouteys said...

I can just picture you outside in that outfit Jodi! I love my robe too, but don't think I would catch myself wearing it out. :) I can definitely say that Jason has worn his outside for sure! I miss my slippers! I don't know where they are.

Angie said...

i like mine, too. but not as much as i love wearing socks and sweater shirts right when i get home from work in the winter! i liked your annology --- it's like sleeping with a hug. deep.

Matt said...

This guys likes his too......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo03m9TTvN8

Unknown said...

Oh man, Jodi wore her bathrob a lot at 931 Moores crt! We refused to turn the heat on.

Joberhamlincolm said...

Matt, where do you get these videos you email us all of the time!? The robe boy was funny.