Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"bye bye ketchup." tear.

We are reading this book at home. 6 ways to become healthy or 6 weeks to becoming healthy or something like either of those. Well, of course each step has a ton of things you have to do to complete the step. So, mom and I decided to do what we can each day.

At dinner tonight mom eyes the Heinz ketchup bottle, turns it around and looks at the ingredients. She says, "This has high fructose corn syrup in it!" I shook my head and said, "oooh noo." "Good bye ketchup bottle."

I laughed pretty hard about that. I actually was so serious about my "Oh no." I knew from then on our household would not see Heinz ketchup or probably any ketchup again. Oh we'll probably bust it out for picnics in the summer when the guests want it, but until then.. the Aaron's said goodbye to ketchup tonight.

tear.

what's next?! peanut butter! probably.

5 comments:

Berjo said...

Yes----peanut butter is next on the list! Have you looked at the high fructose corn syrup on it's label?

It's goodbye to all our favorites!
It's a sad day!
mom

JessicaCaye said...

oh man, you'll learn to love ketchup's cool, much healthier brother, MUSTARD. even though he seems nasty at first... hes actually pretty good. haha

Joberhamlincolm said...

i don't like mustard.

Matt said...

First of all, mom needs to rethink her decision seeing as Heinz Ketchup is nothing less than the greatest condiment know to man. Who cares about fructose! We live once....so bring on the fats, fructose, and sugars.

Haha...I live healthy but if you took Heinz Ketchup away from me I think I would probably have to give up meat.

Side Note: All other Ketchup is gross and should be taken off the market especially Hunts--the king of gross Ketchup!

MK

Joberhamlincolm said...

Matt, the guy who just said he eats healthy, but eats tons of McDonalds just for the game pieces. oxymoron.

BBQ is the best condiment ever. not ketchup. There is nothing better on a burger then bbq and grilled onions