Wednesday, October 29, 2008

grandparents these days...

I thought were computer illiterate!

Not my grandma. First of all, she's had email forever. That is no big deal to her. Then she got instant messenger so she can send messages to my mom. The other week the whole family gets an email that invites us all to her new blog. (If you want to check it out, it's http://earnedmygreyhairs.blogspot.com/ ) And I promise you I never even told her that I had a blog. She just came up with her own blog one day and now she updates it everyday. Then to top it all off I got an email the other day that says, "Ethel Russell requests to be your facebook friend." Oh my word, my grandma has a facebook page. I denied the request. Is that horrible of me? My answer is I definitely don't feel guilty about that.

This is just a side note from dinner at the grandparents tonight. My dad was drinking coffee out of a mug. I looked at it, read the cup, and said it outloud, "I did it in Danville." (It was from a bank grandma used to work at in Danville.) Dad and I laughed for a while, but didn't let grandma in on what was so funny about the mug.

2 comments:

JessicaCaye said...

oh my lord. my grandma can barely even write her name. you're grandma is very up with the times. i think i'll read her blog too. haha

Unknown said...

My Grandma now knows how to check pictures on her phone. But beware you might get a blank text message back in the process!