Saturday, October 25, 2008

i get your drift.

I was meeting my mom today at the mall. I walk in to the department store from the parking lot and immediately ignore the person who is trying to sell something at the door. I stop though and notice that the guy who is selling something is actually my age, does not have a wedding ring, and is actually cute. That situation just does not happen very much. So I go back to the table. I talk to him about what the coupon is for, what his company was, blah blah blah. I must have been talking too much because then when I asked him if he lived around here he said, "I live in Bloomington because my girlfriend goes to school there." Then he asks me about what I do, and I say I'm a teacher. He says, "Oh my girlfriend has a friend whose a teacher!" So I was thinking then, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get your drift. You have a girlfriend." I say it was nice talking with ya and go on my merry way.

Why in the world does it matter that I need to know where his girlfriend goes to school and if his girlfriend's friends are teachers? I secretly actually think it was weird but nice of him to constanly talk about his girlfriend to a stranger.

6 comments:

Matt said...

HATE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

Joberhamlincolm said...

hate your girlfriend? what?

The Redouteys said...

I get how you feel, Jod! That's nice that he's talking about his girlfriend though. He must be very devoted to her. :) Were you going to Macy's?

Joberhamlincolm said...

we were going to Macy's.

Unknown said...

Matt, I can never check your additional websites at school because they are all blocked!

Joberhamlincolm said...

I love that avril song. good one matt.