Monday, October 13, 2008

big guy REALLY had to go...

My mom and I were on our way to my volleyball game tonight. We were 5 minutes from our destination, but my mom HAD to go to the bathroom right away. So, we find a gas station in the middle of nowhere and found the restroom. It was a one person bathroom so I was waiting in the hall for my turn. I was lounging in the hallway when this big guy comes running past me, pushes me to the side a little and runs for the men's handle. He grabs it and it was locked. "Oh man! I can't believe it's locked!" So we stand side by side in this little hallway. I stare at him while he bounces his feet back and forth like a little kid about to pee his pants. (He is definitely a grown middle aged 40 year old man.) He tries to distract himself by reading the bulletin board fliers. Then he tries to start a conversation with me, and his opening is "I should have worn a diaper!" All I thought of to say was, "I guess you should have worn one."

I made it into my restroom before he did. Hopefully he'll go buy some diapers or at least not tell strangers that in little hallways in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: