Thursday, October 23, 2008

rain

I left school and right away my gas light turns on. I had just ran through the parking lot in the cold pouring rain so of course getting gas was the last thing that I wanted to get out of my car and do. I passed a couple gas stations and still convincing myself that getting out of my car again to get gas was ridiculous. No one should have to be outside in this rain.

Then, of course, right when I think it is crazy to even be outside for 2 minutes I look over at the Peoria Stadiums and there were 2 soccer games going on. Grown men playing soccer in the pouring, cold rain. What are they thinking? They obviously are willingly doing this. Or they are an olympic team that can't allow the time to cancel a game and reschedule.

Who's more stupid, those soccer players or me driving on no gas and not wanting to get gas even though there are covers.

I did actually get gas at the next stop. If those soccer guys are that brave I will be too!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Jodi, you're messing with fire here. I played soccer for 14 years and still play and coach. I have played through rain, snow, and one time for about 30 seconds in hail.

Soccer, statisically, is the top sport for injures and we play through anything.

You are correct Jodi.....it takes a "grown man" to play this game!

Matt Out!

Joberhamlincolm said...

They also say that soccer players lose more brain cells than football players because of all of the head bunting. Doesn't sound like it's too healthy for ya.