Thursday, October 9, 2008

puberty slips

I had no idea that in 5th grade the school has a program setup to split the boys and girls up to talk about certain things. Well maybe the first week of school they asked me when they were going to have a boy/girl meeting. I said I had no idea what they are talking about.

So a week ago, the secretary comes in with permission slips. One pile for the boys, one pile for the girls. She told me to hand them out. My kids instantly saw them on their desks when they came in to the classroom. Some just stared at it. Some said, "OH NOOO!" Some asked if they had to do it.

The funniest part is that they had to turn them back in and a few of the kids forgot to do that. So I have to go and ask them for their permission slip. They say, "Permission slip for what?" I tell them, "Oh you KNOW, the puberty slip." They get super awkward, but then kind of laugh about it. They are officially called the "puberty slips."

Next Friday, from 1 to 2:30 the program will start. I even got a few parents coming in to attend the meeting. It's going to be a big day. I'll give an update about it next weekend.

Puberty = when you are no longer a carefree child that has no worries in the world

No comments: